JOB TITLE: Data Specialist
EMPLOYER: Lucky Shoes, Inc.
DEPARTMENT: Lucky Shoes| Lucky Shoes Running | New Balance | Stride Rite | Vionic
EFFECTIVE DATE: 08/13/2021
SUMMARY: This role provides the opportunity to grow at Lucky Shoes through four interconnected departments: Marketing, Sales, Shipping and Information Technology. Lucky Shoes is a 100+ year old family owned business. Since 1919 we have been enhancing lives through better footwear experiences. To join our team, you don’t need to have retail experience or be an expert in foot health – you just need to share our passion for helping customers find the quality shoes they’ll love! We will teach you about feet and shoes. We don’t only sell shoes, we make friends!
We have customers who want a digital shopping experience and we provide that experience at www.LuckyShoes.com
This role is important to that experience. This role performs tasks including, sorting, merging, proofing, updating, compiling and storing data. Maintain data files accurately. Compile, sort, verify, update and correct data to be entered and or updated. All of this data relates to brick & mortar and digital sales of footwear, apparel and all accessories. All employees must follow company selling standards and mission.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enter and/or import data provided directly from customers and/or other parties into database system
- Create and manage spreadsheets with large numbers of lines
- Proof, update and verify data entered against source documents; make necessary corrections
- Produce reports
- Retrieve data as requested
- Maintain special internal lists and calendars (Sharepoint)
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- Proven experience as data entry clerk
- Fast and accurate typing skills
- Five years of experience with spreadsheets (MS Excel VLOOKUP and CONCATENATE formula experience preferred)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds
- Sharepoint experience a plus
- High school degree or equivalent
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process. Demonstrates critical thinking.
- Motivation – Demonstrates persistence and willingness to overcome obstacles and complete daily assignments; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Continually required to use hands, talk, hear, sit for long periods of time and occasionally walk and stand.
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
BENEFITS FOR LUCKY SHOES EMPLOYEES:
We want to ensure our employees success, so we provide continual training and certifications on foot health and wellness for our employees. We also want to ensure that our employees get the most out of working with us, so we offer the following competitive benefits:
- Excellent healthcare including medical, dental and vision insurance*
- Life Insurance*
- Paid Time Off*
- Paid Holidays*
- Profit Sharing Trust
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Rewarded for consistency, loyalty and hard work
- Annual Company Bonus potential
- Annual company employee appreciation event
- Generous Employee Discount
*Eligibility based on full-time employment.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.